Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Grandmothers encouragement to me a Dad

O.K. That sounds weird, let me explain here before I go off. My son hangs out when he can with a particular soldier from the same unit (173rd Airborne Brigade) when he is re-fitting at his FOB. They mix it up a bit and and have fun with Xbox when they can. I guess they have become some good friends and hope they stay in-touch with each other over the years. Old Army friends are always good to have. I am sure Ronnie and Cheri will agree since they have been through a life time of service to our government.

I have made a point of making my views known recently and I feel bad because I didn't want it to get political but now it has since my last two postings. Our soldiers deserve the best equipment and support. I guess being out of Iraq is a good thing on a time line. I feel we need more troops in Afghanistan to finish the mission. If you agree then please shout out.

Larry Arnone
San Francisco, Ca
AKA Bluestardad (and I want to keep it that way)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Larry ~ I read back through your posts and can't figure out what you may have written that would have offended anyone but...I guess everyone has their threshold and views.

I'm with you one THOUSAND percent that our military personnel and their families deserve the FULL support of this nation. What a shame so many either just don't care, are too selfish or prefer to "ignore" the issue.

As for needed more troops in Afghanistan, well, that's a subject I've been jumping up and down about for a couple of years now. Looks like it's about to happen. Won't help the 173rd Soldiers any since they are FINALLY beginning to redeploy after so many months of hell.

Too bad General Petraeus can't be Commander in Iraq, Commander in Afghanistan AND Commander at CENTCOM. No, he's not a "savior" but he seems to be the one military leader right now who KNOWS what needs to be done. And all accounts from those who have served under him come back with two huge "thumbs up!" on his leadership and decision making.

Hang in there Larry. This is YOUR blog. Use it to say what YOU need to say.

Anonymous said...

ok, tanker babe pretty much said everything! I totally agree with you about Afghanistan, but I guess it's like trying to convert the converted. :0) Praying they all make it back safely, I've got my fingers crossed! Joanne