Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Memories

Today, I came home from the JOB and had dinner. I started going through some old emails from soldiers, leaders and my Battle buddies ie: Grand Parents and Parents of some of our warriors. Man, it seems like just yesterday but in fact, I am going back to 2007/08. Hey! I remember Christen P. of the FRG had us reading Kite Runner so we would try and understand life in Afghanistan. Yes, it did put some perspective on the country and culture but damn, I was still worried about one eyed Willy taking a shot at one of the guy's and getting lucky. One of my Son's Battle buddies relayed to me when he came home on mid tour leave that he and Alex would mess with Willy's head by running around the VPB popping their heads up and dropping just as he actually got a round off. I do believe Willy is a permanently erased from this planet by now. I hope so anyway!

Many of my son's are not in a good place right now while in civilian life and I pray they get through this transition even if it is several years after separation. I love you guy's!

Blue Star Dad

No comments: