Saturday, May 19, 2007

My only son heading down range with the 173rd

I started a blog long before this at another blog site at www.bluestardad.wordpress.com that I found it to difficult to navigate. I am dedicating this site to my son PVT2 Alexander Forbes Arnone who is serving the United States Army with the 173rd Airborne Brigade 2nd/503rd Airborne Infantry HHC attached to Destined Company. Alex will be deploying down range to Afghanistan in the next few days. I stay in touch with Alex on a regular basis as he is my only son. It was easy letting him join the Army but it was something that he wanted and as a Father I needed to support him.

I just got off the phone with Alex and he informed me that his squad has been attached to a new company formulated from troops from within the brigade. His new company Destined Company is made up by some of the best shooters of the 2nd/503rd. I was initially concerned with this information as a father wanting to keep my son as far away from hostile activities as possible. When I asked him about his thoughts on this last minute change he stated to me "Dad, I have some of the best SGT's this unit has to offer and I am proud to go to battle along side of them" I almost choked up. I am very proud of him and can not wait for his return home. Again, I will be using this post to express my thoughts on his military career. Alex may jump on here with his thoughts as time allows it.

God Bless Them All,

A Fathers Love,

Larry Arnone
AKA Bluestardad
San Francisco

1 comment:

Judy said...

Dear Larry,
My son, Pvt. Joseph A. Miracle may also be with your son. On May 21st he calledme from Vincenza, Italy that he was leaving the next day for Afghanistan - on the border of Pakistan in the Hindu Kush Mtns. He would be will a small group in a very remote area and that he would no be able to communicate with us but every 60 days. He would get mail flown in every two weeks. We have not heard from him, even if he has arrived. He is with the 173rd Airborne; 2nd of 503 Brigade. This is our first experience with the military; Joe is the youngest of our 7 children and is 22 years old. We live in Michigan. Have you heard from your son? Hoped we might have our sons in nearby units. Could you please respond? Thanks, Judy Miracle - mom