Wednesday, July 30, 2008

O.K. the forgotten war has really hit home

In my previous posting I had cut and pasted a fathers letter to friends and family. I am not sure if it was a friend or family member who was ( I'm sure ) trying to be compassionate. Here is the kicker ( You ready for this ) The Title actually read "

A letter from a Father who's son was shot in Iraq

I changed it to read Afghanistan knowing better as it is obvious in the letter as the Dad is speaking about Chosen Company of the 2nd-503rd 173rd ABCT and the date on the post. I can't believe they confused the country. This kind of stuff just burns my ass. Makes me want to take out an add on the first page of every major newspaper in the country saying "U.S. Forces arrive in AFGHANISTAN for combat operations in retaliation of 9/11/2001 7 YEARS AGO and they are still there". Ahhhhh! I'm still waiting on a wheels up from my boy which reminds me, please remember tomorrow July 31st. Take two minutes of your day and remember a Sky Soldier that fell on this date. 1LT Ben Hall of the United States Army Platoon leader, Destined Company, 2nd-503rd P.I.R. 173rd ABCT Vehicle Patrol Base Serey, Kunar Province, Chowkay Valley, Afghanistan.

Thank You,

Larry Arnone

San Francisco
AKA A BlueStarDad (and I want to keep it that way)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We put out a call for people to make banners and signs for us to send to Italy to be put up in the barracks and around post for the 2/503 when they return to Italy from Afghanistan. In the request we CLEARLY wrote that they had been in Afghanistan for 15 months. You would not believe the number of posters that had to be tossed in the trash because they mentioned Iraq on them.

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ticked off!

Sarah said...

Thank you for setting the record strait. That letter is written by my father...about my brother. If you'd like to keep up with my brother's progress, I blog at http://LoveLettersIllustrated.blogspot.com.

The whole Afghanistan/Iraq thing bugs the crap out of me too.

Safety and prayers for your son. He sounds like an amazing guy.